Paul wrote in, Philippians 4:8 Brothers and sisters, continue to think about what is good and worthy of praise. Think about what is true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected. We can use negative words to describe how we are. We can say,
- "I am sick."
- "I am weak."
- "I am exhausted."
- "I can't do anything right."
- "I'm not as talented as, Jane."
How different we could be if we started using positive words to describe how we want to be! What if we said,
- "I am conquering my illness; I am defeating it steadily each day.
- "Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy."
- "I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind."
- "I have been given endless talents which I begin to utilize today."
- "I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful."