Sunday, June 4, 2017

10 Reasons to Give up Sugar


I know I feel so much better when I don't eat sugar. When I cut the sugar, my energy level increases! I also know that eating homemade meals and not prepackaged foods are a huge part of it. I used the Whole30 diet to remove the sugar from my diet. When I don't eat sugar I have a lot more energy. I'm waking up ready to go. I'm not feeling achy in the morning which is a huge improvement. I think my determination is keeping the sugar dragon at bay. I'm not craving the bad things like peanut butter cookies or cinnamon rolls. I'm looking forward to chicken stir-fry, roast beef dinners and hearty, healthy meals that are satisfying.

10 Ways in which eating too much sugar can affect your health

10 Reasons to Quit Sugar - brendamueller.com 

#1 Diabetes - new research has shown that sugar has a contributory effect to diabetes, beyond the calories that it contains.

#2 Impaired Learning and Memory - fructose can impair the ability to learn and remember.

#3 Tooth Decay - There is significant evidence that maintaining your intake of excess sugars at below 5% of your diet will help to avoid cavities.

#4 Asthma - The greater the consumption of soft drinks, the more likely an individual is to suffer from one of these respiratory conditions.

#5 Heart Disease - Individuals who consumed 25% of their calories in the form of sugar were found to have double the risk of heart disease vs those whose intake was 7%.

#6 Imbalanced Gut Flora - Research shows that switching to a high-sugar diet can alter the consumption of your gut flora within 24 hours.

#7 Obesity - Studies in both adults and children have demonstrated a link between sugar sweetened beverages and weight gain.

#8 Increased Risk of Cancer - Sugar consumption had been linked to increased risk for ovarian cancer, espohageal cancer, and endometrial cancer, among others.

#9 High Cholesterol - Increased sugar consumption increased sugar consumption increased several risk factors for heart disease.

#10 Faster Aging - It has long been know that diabetics age faster than other people. In the video below you will see how going without sugar for thirty days made the participants feel.

  no_sugar

Action Step: Share the benefits you have had when you cut sugar from your diet? Please leave your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment